Tuesday, September 19, 2006

BlogThis!
blogspotInit();
Not TOO Bad
Sunday, September 17, 2006

Not TOO Bad
I spent an hour yesterday trying to win a "battle" with OpenOffice.Org.Calc while I was trying to complete Tech Task #3 for my ECMP 355 class. I lost. After a good night's sleep and a pot of coffee, I had regained my confidence and decided to go for another round. Well, here's the thing, I downloaded and printed off an 18 page tutorial to get all the "how-to's" that I thought I would need to win this thing. I was sadly mistaken. After alot of cursing and losing of patience, I finally won. No thanks to my 18 page tutorial (to think I wasted all that ink and paper for nothing!!!). I had to thank my stubbornness and perserverance for getting me through this one. I was so proud of myself for figuring it out on my own!!!Later as I was revelling in my win and reading the Tech Task instructions one more time (to make sure I missed nothing) I came across this:http://education.uregina.ca/technology/ECMP355/Tutorials/TechTask2/ecmp__tech_task_2.htmlIt is an address for a demonstration on how to do Tech Task #3. Let me tell you, I was not impressed that I had wasted over four hours of my precious time for nothing. As I wasted more time "stewing" over my wasted time, I had time to reflect. I came to the realization that because I had learned something on my own, I will probably never forget how to label rows and columns on a spreadsheet and I will also read instructions a little more closesly from now on. Most of all, I realized that the experience was actually NOT TOO BAD. It actually felt pretty good.Now let's hope that I did it right!!!
posted by Jane at 8:44 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I case anyone reads this, I need to clarify that I am not THAT dumb. I spent a long time in the assignment becuase I was trying to put the labels where the cell numbers and row letters are. I eventually figured out a way...only to find out there is a real easy way and I did it wrong. Oh well. Jane.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home