Friday, July 06, 2007

Welcome to ECMP 455

Hi there everyone! I am back...ECMP 455 started this week and one of the components is to blog. The idea is to share our learning. What a great idea! I always find that other's ideas open up a while new world of learning. Here is the link to our prof's "take" on blogging:
http://shareski.wikispaces.com/blogs. I am a little apprehensive about sharing my ideas and reflections with the whole wide web. I don't want to end up like Hank from Corner Gas who had to pretty much guilt others into reading his blog! Here is the link to his blog, it is good for a laugh:
http://www.cornergas.com/content/?7/
So for now, that is all I want to share. I am off to hunt down some great educational feeds to share with my classmates!

2 Comments:

Blogger DRS said...

I love the Hank's blog episode! Part of the reluctance people have is that they feel they have to be brilliant. This would likely exclude most of us and me for sure. For me, I became more comfortable as I read others and figured out what things I found interesting, helpful and thought provoking and simply entered the conversation. It's not unlike our offline world. Sitting in a staff room, party or other situations with strangers, we often have to get comfortable before we enter into discussion. For some, it takes longer and that's fine.

The problem with Hank was that it was just Hank...maybe quoting Lacy, Brent or Oscar may have made it more interesting ;)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Dean, I really like how you put the blogging world into perspective for me. I am glad to know that it is easier to comfortably slip into an online conversation. I think that you are so right in saying that in the offline world is may not be as easy! I guess as I gain more knowledge and experience in the educational world, perhaps I will find it easier to have my own thought proviking ideas!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home