Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Always Someone to Help...

After fiddling around with the music for my Digital PhotoStory for over 3 and a half hours, I am finally done! For some unknown reason, my downloaded song from Limewire would not be recognized by the program. I tried, my husband tried and my friend and fellow classmate Ronda tried.
Then through a connection, such as the professional connections that fellow classmate Gillian talks about in her "Celebrate" blog entry, Ronda had one of her coworkers use their digital magic and convert the song so that it would be recognized. All through email. Simply amazing!!! What I wasted many hours trying to figure out, someone did for me in minutes all at the touch of fingertips. I LOVE IT!!!
Now...more trouble! I am unable to upload the video onto YouTube. I need to convert it and do not have a clue how. Any takers???
Sometimes I swear technology can be so frustrating when you can't get it to do what you want it to.
But then...when it does work! I swear the grin on my face was ear to ear when I could watch my Digital Photostory to the music of Shaggy's "In the Summer time".
Thanks again Ronda!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Too cute! I can relate jane. The process of creating the story is alot of fun but when you run into these challenges with no real explanation, it can be soooo frustrating. I would suggest trying Vimeo and make sure you are not trying to upload it directly from photostory but in a 'player' such as windows media player which would make it a wmv file. I also reduced the size of mine before posting in one of my attempts to get onto youtube.
Good luck and call me if you need me.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hey Gillian. I swear there were times I almost "lost it".
As you suggested, I used Vimeo and it worked perfectly. My Digital Story is now posted on my blog! Thanks for the help!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Red Neck Girl said...

Okay ladies, help me please!! I can't not seem to get a photo on my blog. It always says they are to large of a file. So how do I do it. My photos are all TIFF files but I saved them as JPEGS.
Ronda

9:19 PM  
Blogger DRS said...

Ronda,

A program like picnik.com will help you resize images all online.

9:52 PM  
Blogger DRS said...

Jane,

I've learned this lesson lots. That's why having a network is so powerful. Why waste time when you know someone out there has the answer....Twitter is something that's done this specific thing almost better than anything. But what you guys have done continues to prove the value of the network.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I couldn't agree more Dean...the world wide web opens a lot of doors!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home